How to Lose Weight With Hypothyroid Disorder – Thyroid Weight Gain Solutions
Hypothyroidism is a disorder, which is mainly caused due to insufficient production of thyroid hormones in our body. This disorder slows down our metabolism, which consequently causes obesity. In order to lose weight while suffering from Hypothyroidism we should combine healthy diet, proper rest and mild workouts.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
* Iodine deficiency: Iodine helps the thyroid gland to produce hormones. Two main thyroid hormones are T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine), which are formed by the addition of Iodine molecules. In order to prevent Hypothyroidism, one should take enough iodine.
* Autoimmune thyroiditis: This disorder is also known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. In this case antibodies fight against proteins and destroys our thyroid gland.
* Surgery: Sometimes doctors remove the thyroid glands to prevent cancer or some other problems, which can also cause hypothyroidism.
* Congenital hypothyroidism: This is a hereditary problem, which can be easily prevented.
* Contaminants: Certain chemicals such as PCBs can cause Hypothyroidism. These chemicals are mostly found in local environment.
* Radiation: Sometimes your thyroid glands get destroyed due to radioactive iodine exposure, which are mostly used to treat Hyperthyroidism.
* Diet: Nutrition deficient in iodine can cause under active thyroid gland. You should preferably add iodine to table salt and other common foods to eliminate this problem.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
* Hair loss
* Weight gain
* Muscle pain
* Dry skin
* Joint pain
* Poor memory
Tips to lose weight with thyroid problem
* Nutrition plays a major role in treating this disorder. One should include lots of high fibrous foods such as fruits and vegetables in his or her diet. These foods contain anti-oxidants, which can easily flush out toxins from your body. You can easily manage weight gain by avoiding foods that contain salt, iron calcium and soy. It is always advisable to limit the intake of carbohydrate for loosing weight during this disorder. You should preferably take diet high in protein and fiber. Eco-Atkins is one of the most effective hypothyroid diets for loosing weight.
* Drinking plenty of water is extremely beneficial for keeping your body hydrated. You should drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily. Meal intake helps in boosting metabolism. In order to loose weight naturally, we should take 6-8 small meals daily.
* Slow metabolism causes weight gain. In order to rev up the process of metabolism, one should exercise regularly. Cardio workouts such as running, swimming, walking and bicycling should be performed daily for shedding those extra pounds. Proper rest and sleep is also necessary on routine basis. You should at least sleep for 8 hours daily.
* Lifestyle change is the key for managing your phyysique during this phase. Erratic sleeping habits, smoking and junk foods should be completely avoided while you can easily take up Yoga for rejuvenating your mind, body and soul.
Inefficiency of metabolism is the prime cause for weight gain. The next step is to increase the metabolic rate to burn fat naturally.