Excessive weight gain is the problem of concern as large numbers of people worldwide are facing this problem. It has been noted during the survey that some countries have declared excessive weight gain as national issue of concern. Excessive weight gain is one problem, but it gives to various other health problems. Diabetes, blood pressure, and heart problems are very commonly observed unhealthy conditions observed among the people suffering with the excessive weight gain. To stay away from all these problems the first thing you must do is to maintain your weight. There are various reasons that lead to the excessive weight gain, few of them I have mentioned below:
1. Excessive intake of foods containing fats and carbohydrates is one of the most common reasons for excessive weight gain. You need to control your diet if you want to stay away from the excessive weight gain.
2. Lack of physical activity is one of the major causes of the excessive weight gain. Nowadays it’s the world of computers so many people do the job just sitting at one place. This is one of the reasons for the lack of physical activity that later on leads to the excessive weight gain.
3. Hypothyroidism causes the excessive weight gain in many cases. Deficiency of thyroid hormone reduces the metabolism rate of food. This leads to the loss of appetite and modest weight gain. The fat in the body gets accumulated which ultimately leads to the excessive weight gain.
4. Excessive weight gain in the person is sometimes observed to be hereditary. It has been noted during the various health studies that some genes are responsible for the occurrence of the fatness in the people. This type of excessive weight gain can be controlled through the regular exercise and controlled diet.
5. Depression, stress, anger, and anxiety are the psychological reasons that lead to the excessive weight gain in the person. The person, who is suffering with any of these health problems usually get habituated towards the unhealthy eating habit that leads to the excessive weight gain. Some people feels tension free when they eat the food, it is psychological but is true. So, people eat more and suffer with excessive weight gain problem.
6. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (POS) is the reason for the excessive weight gain in many cases. This is only observed in the women. About 65% of these women worldwide are overweight or obese due to this syndrome. Symptoms of POS include acne, facial hair, thinning scalp hair, irregular periods, heavy bleeding, all of which are linked to the overproduction of androgens, or male hormones. If you are facing any of these symptoms control your weight gain now otherwise it may lead to the failure in pregnancy.
7. Aging is found to be one of the reasons for the excessive weight gain. The metabolism process in the body slows down due to the old age that leads to the accumulation of the fats that causes excessive weight gain.
8. Cushing’s Syndrome causes the weight gain is many of the people. It is the problem caused due the excess of hormone cortisol in the body. During this the fat get accumulated in the face, abdomen and upper back causing the person to look bulky in some sections of body, but the legs and hands stay thin.
9. Medications may also induce the excessive weight gain. Some of the medicine when taken in excess leads to the weight gain. Steroids. Heartburn treatments, birth control, seizure preventatives, migraine relievers, diabetes medications, and antidepressants are the medications that are supposed to deliver the effect as excessive weight gain when taken in excess of without the reason.
10. Inadequate sleep also causes the problem of the excessive weight gain. It is the sleep that helps to digest the food contains. But, if you don’t sleep well the food doesn’t get digested properly. This results in the storage of excessive fats and carbohydrates in the body that causes weight gain.
These are the top 10 reasons for the excessive weight gain that you need to stay away from.